the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

are you kidding me?!

I actually felt *vital* enough earlier this week to take my bike to work. Not the full distance, mind you, but its a couple of miles to the bus transfer, and I did it. It felt great, and I was so happy to be moving and doing something active again.

The next day, I woke up to a plugged nose and no voice. Yes, my roommate gave me his cold.
I've spent the weekend doing nothing but trying to rest it out.

In other news, it has become clear that it is time to move on from working at the gym. They're doing some business things that reek of sabotage and questionable legality. I'm not sure where I'm moving to next, but I've been thinking about stepping into the family business and pursuing something in radio. I've got the voice, the creativity, the quick-to-learn ability... all I need, really, is the aircheck. I also noticed that there's a station in need of a web-content manager -- right up my alley, considering my past experience. Might be a good way to get my foot in the door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

How cool! Radio is fun and the web-thing sounds right up your alley! I wouldn't quit the job just yet though. Get your foot in that other door before you slam the one you're walking out of first.

1/15/2007 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home