the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Monday, October 09, 2006

did i say...?

Did I say five pounds? Let me fix that.

See, I got on the scale a few days ago to see where I was. That number stuck in my head and I figured that's where I'd plateau for a while, considering it took me two weeks to get there.

I'm wrong. I checked again later.

211. Ten pounds gone. At 15.7% bodyfat. 33.1 pounds of fat, which means I've dropped 5 pounds of gooey flab, and five pounds waterweight. Interesting.

I feel a little better today, though it really stings when you catapult yourself forward only to be told you're too late. Its a bit like gunning the engine when the car is upside down. (If you're wondering how this ties in to what the blog is all about, it doesn't. I just needed to use that upside down car metaphor to describe my current situation before I lost it.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

I'm scared to get on the scale. I don't want to see no change or a gain when I've been working so hard... Walking and Karate have started changing my shape a little, but I don't know about "weight loss". Plus there're all these darn hormones messing things up....

What are you too late for? Applying for that promotion? If so, don't worry about it. There will always be another one down the line!

10/10/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger JR said...

I've been finding that looking at it in terms of body fat percentages, BMI and the like are better gauges than just sheer pounds. There are parts of us that just don't change -- our family tends to have more dense bone structure, for example -- and when we're more aware of that, it makes things a little easier.

That means not being a slave to your scale. Keep doing what you're doing, and climb on later. Daily weigh-ins don't mean poopy when you look at the larger picture, numbers can be misleading. Don't focus on 'weight loss' -- focus on yourself. You're taking the right steps, keep it up!

10/10/2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoo giz a cae?

10/12/2006 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fact: water is more gooey than fat.

Not really, but isn't it fun to think about that "gooey waterweight" being gone?

:)

11/26/2006 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home