the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

distraction

I'm not ignoring this -- work got very hectic over the past few days. Plus, I'm fighting off some sort of throat thing. Its very similar to the last one I had which turned out to be a low grade but very persistent sinus infection. My roommate is looking up a ENT doctor for me -- I've got insurance, might as well use it.

Speaking of which, I've snagged my roommate on this trek with me. He too lost a great deal of weight earlier in life but has fallen out of shape. So, for his birthday this year I got him a membership at my gym. He's actually in the middle of a personal training session right now. As for me, I'm at home, taking it easy since tonight I'll have to stay late.

Lets see, progress... I biked in to work for the first time last weekend in probably six months. Exhilirating, difficult, and 4 miles longer than the last time I did it. Today's nice, so I'll make it a round trip tonight. Roommate's birthday party was this weekend so we've been feasting on leftovers. Not exactly the optimal food but its almost gone. This weekend I'm off to see family in FL (again, probably not optimal healthwise). And my smoking has been cut back severely. Still can't breathe, but I can not-breathe more than I could before, if that makes any sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

We've had a pretty bizarre virus around here. Headaches and sore throats - but no fever. Had us fooled until I finally took Z to a doc-in-a-box and had him diagnosed. We seem to be over it now, but last week was hell.

Dad has discovered some BBQ secrets. You can be sure he will try to share some of the results with you when you guys come. Perhaps you should bring walking shoes and walk some of it off at some point.

See you this weekend, baby brother!

9/19/2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home