the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

square one?

I'm scared to get on a scale, I figured I'm probably back at square one with my many illnesses. My pants are tight again, which rubs up against the sores. I'm feeling SO uncomfortable, shingles are terrible. I'm going back to the doctor today to see if I'm having some complications -- was running a slight fever last night and my throat is sore. Plus, I have an area of swelling at the base of my spine where my back pain was centered.

Can't help but feel pretty useless at work right now, either. I'm avoiding any lifting of any sort since that's what triggered my absences last week. I try to delegate but I feel bad -- it feels like everyone's doing my job for me right now.

I can't wait for all this to be over so I can get back into some pattern and make my pants loose again.

Edit: Doctor said I've got a secondary infection *from* the shingles, which is where the fever and sore throat are coming from. More antibiotics, yay...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, BJ--I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself. I can understand your frustration, but there is no point in agrivating the situation. Your Dad has flu, and is as mean as a snake. I'm feeling better--I did overdo it at the gym on Wednesday, so am a little sore. Skipped today--Dad was too sick to go.
Take care of yourself.
Love, Mom

12/29/2006 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It never rains but it pours. I've been visiting some of my blogroll and BlondeBlogger is having a hell of a time. I wonder if it's an end-of-year thing? Life goes on fairly smoothly, then realizes that you didn't get your fair share of bad stuff and heaps it all on a the end.... Nah. Just bad luck.

I hope you're feeling better soon - may the antibiotics kick some a$$.

12/30/2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home