the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Monday, November 20, 2006

delay

It looks like I need to adjust my timeline. I'm currently fighting off a severe case of strep throat, which included a doctor-mandated 3-day bedrest. Two weeks ago, I dislocated my knee while dancing at a company party -- from which I've mostly recovered. But, when all is said and done, I'll have lost a month trying to nurse myself back to health.

And, of course, it doesn't help that I'm on a diet of mushy food right now. Soup, pudding, Jell-o, mashed potatoes, ice cream... a diabetic's nightmare.

BUT... in the process of it all: I've quit smoking. So its not all bad news.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

Hurray! Your health will improve more rapidly now that you've quit again. I hope you can stay quit. I, for one, wish I'd never picked the damn things up - but at least I finally put them down. I have vowed not to smoke again until I'm 85. At that point, who gives a rat's ass?

Sorry about the strep - I had a case that bad a couple of years ago. The nurse literally looked in my mouth and exploded with "Oh, my God!" as she quickly stepped back. Gave me vicodin to help with the pain....

Hope you're feeling better soon - we'll miss you at Thanksgiving!

11/20/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger JR said...

I've been off for a couple of days now (as long as I've been sick) and they're just repulsive now -- the smell, the taste. I took a drag last night and determined that this was the moment to stop.

11/20/2006 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're still succeeding in your quest to quit smoking. Perhaps you'll write again before another month and a half go by. Doing so might help cement your own accomplishments -- and disappointments -- and might help motivate you to continue your progress.

Good luck.

11/26/2006 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home