the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Monday, December 18, 2006

another delay

My birthday has come and gone, and it was a great vacation. I had a lot of fun, saw almost everyone, shows, stuff. The big news, hot surprise... my good buddy Poppi Kramer was a contestant on The Biggest Loser this year. She was sent home early on but still had the possibility to win the 'at home' prize.

And she did. She went from 232 to 117, and came home $50K richer for it. I can now officially say one of my friends has won a reality tv show! She looks extraordinary, I'm so proud of her and feel motivated to move forward with my goals. But...as fate would have it...

It was vacation and I was staying with my friend Noah... and using his heavily scented body wash. On Friday, I noticed a little rash on the left side of my abdomen. I figured I was having an allergic reaction to his body wash, went and got some antihistamine and continued.

Saturday it had spread a little. Sunday, it started to hurt. On the plane, I felt as though someone was repeatedly pummeling me in the gut.

I went to the doctor this morning. I have SHINGLES. Whats worse, since I'd written it off as an allergy, is that I missed the deadline to put antibiotics in my system and lessen the problem. That means I have anywhere from two weeks to three months of post herpetic neuralgia to look forward to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOW-ZA! That has got to hurt. Glad it might not keep you home for Christmas though. Would be great to see you!

12/18/2006 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOW-ZA! That has got to hurt. Glad it might not keep you home for Christmas though. Would be great to see you!

12/18/2006 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home