the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ouch

Tripped up the stairs with a load of groceries tonight, landing right on the broken arm. No biggie, just jarred it a little bit. I've put some IcyHot on it and it doesn't seem to have done anything other than jangled the nerves. Still, going to be very conscious of it the next few days. I've had a little area of swelling just under the break for a few days -- not painful -- but it all bears watching.

Otherwise, I'm doing well. I guess I can put it out there now -- my boss is pregnant, and from the looks of things, come March when she takes her maternity leave, I'll be taking over the club, most likely on a permanent basis.

I'm rolling around the idea of vacation now, since it seems I've managed to settle the lingering insurance questions with my teeth. I've taken no actual time *off* since the accident (except that three day weekend two weeks ago) -- any time I wanted to do something I've had to make up the time. I've used up all my sick time with my stint in the hospital, and I saved my vacation time to cover any unforeseen problems... but now I'm staring at two weeks worth of vacation time and two months before it expires. I have no idea what to do with two weeks time -- a couple of long weekends here and there, a run or two down to FL, and a jaunt to NYC, I guess. I'd like to go somewhere new, though. I know a couple of people in SF and Chicago, so that's a thought.

Halloween is in two days. I've got most of my costume stuff pulled together, and did a test run on the makeup on Saturday night. I must say, I miss doing that elaborate stage makeup -- I was really quite good at it. Gotta come up with a shtick to go with the look, but it's all coming together quite nicely.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

You MUST post pictures!!! I'm not doing anything for Halloween this year. Just not in the mood, really. I thought about wearing a pig nose and pink sweats with a blanket around my shoulders (pig in a blanket), but haven't found a nose.

I need a vacation. Were I on my own, the possibilities would be endless, but other than a jaunt to FL, I'd recommend going somewhere you've never been!

And congrats on the job!!! I was hoping it would be something like that. So excited for you and your new challenge! And you have a little time to get used to the idea too.

10/30/2007 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm rolling around the idea of vacation now, since it seems I've managed to settle the lingering insurance questions with my teeth."

You bit your insurance agent????

John

10/30/2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

I'll bet he FELT like it when presented with his $1400 bill! Thank goodness you guys got that worked out - so, was it a love bite?

10/30/2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Luckily, with the new porcelain choppers, it was an easy chomp.

It's not fully resolved YET, but we've at least got the billing office and the insurance company talking to each other. This is the billing office's foul up, CIGNA sent me all their processing paperwork and it's all been done on their end. The dental group just has to find where the heck they've put it now.

10/31/2007 12:57 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????? I want to see your Halloween get-up!

11/01/2007 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home