the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Ha, that was not the entry I set out to write when I sat down, but it's what came spilling out.

I meant to write about the irritation of getting a phone call from my dentist's billing office, telling me that my balance is now some $1400 more than what it originally was. Something about denied services from insurance. I called around for advice, first, and then called my insurance company to appeal.

The work is now underneath a full audit and hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better idea to what this is all about. Of course, if I owe $1,400 then any hopes of a November or December vacation are completely gone. This would all, of course, come up just as I'm making my last expected payment on my teeth. I was looking forward to being done with all this but looks like there's a second wind about to blow.

The training is going well. I haven't seen any remarkable number changes but I can tell subtle differences, like improved posture and hints of definition. I've started eating better, too. Hopefully this will maintain.

Work has been wearing me out mentally and physically. My weekends nowadays are spent mostly in the confines of the condo. There is a distinct lack of excitement right now, as some things pass on by and others remain on hold indefinitely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

OH NO! That well and truly sucks. Is this $1400 in ADDITION to what you've already paid? I hope your insurance audit goes your way because there's nothing like a surprise bill - especially when it's big. I'm dealing with a plumbing issue that seems to work the same way. sigh.

10/08/2007 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home