the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

not trivial

I made it through the day without really mentioning what happened six years ago, or talking about it in depth. This seems to be the preferred mentality of most people I know who were in NYC at the time as well. It's not that we ignore the day or pretend it doesn't exist -- but not being there makes it a different experience. Frankly, I got tired of trying to explain what it was like to everyone last year because no one can ever really understand unless they were actually there for the event and the aftermath. It's no badge of honor. Heck, its the same picture as anyone else has -- those of us who were there just had a little more exposure.

I think I'll leave it at that.

--

I've been on an altered schedule the past few days thanks to the morning manager's illness. I've been on opening shift. Monday was misery because I did a nine hour shift on thirty minutes sleep -- but Tuesday was actually very pleasant. I got a lot accomplished and still had the whole day ahead of me. I even stuck around and got in a solid hour and a half work out.

Which brings me to this: It's just a few days shy of one year since I've had this thing, and shortly I'll be resurrecting the original purpose of why I started it. I'm feeling healthy and stable again for the first time in quite some time, and hopefully it will stick.

--

Went to trivia tonight, hosted by my roommate (his birthday today! tangent: i bought his present today. its PERFECT). Won second place! It's amazing some of the little bits of information that stick in your head. See how you do... answer in the comments -- NO CHEATING!

1) Flight 175 crashed into the south tower of the WTC. Which airline was it?
2) What do the initials stand for in J.D. Salinger's name?
3) Vivien Leigh won Oscars for which two movies?
4) What element is indicated on the periodic table by the letters Cu?
5) Name the four largest non-internet retailers in the US.
6) Simon and Garfunkel changed the name in their hit song to "Mrs. Robinson" after it was picked up for The Graduate. Who was the song originally written for?
7) In 1972, the Miami Dolphins played a perfect season. Who did they beat in the Super Bowl?
8) If you were born today, September 11, what is your astrological sign?
9) On The Simpsons, who shot Mr. Burns?

Winner gets a cookie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

#3 - Gone with the Wind and.... Streetcar Named Desire?

I consider myself pretty strong in trivia but I admit that i have no clue as to answers for any of your other questions!

9/12/2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger TeKay said...

1 american
2. for some reason i thought that was it, notihg. just J D.
3. gwtw and streetcar
4. Once copper entered my head on seeing the first letter, i couldn't get anything else. wow. that's said.
5. wal-mart, ford, starbucks, and then a struggle between say a Macy's or barnes and noble.
6. who are simon and garfunkel? kidding, though unless it's sound of silence i don't know the song.
7. dallas cowboys??
8. virgo
9. marge?

9/12/2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, BJ--how did you come up with these, and more importantly, did YOU know the answers? I knew a few of them for sure, and guessed at others.

For sure, #1= United (my roommate in college became a United flight attendant, so that resonated with me.), #3=GWTW & A Streetcar Named Desire (if you haven't seen it, rent it--She is the ultimate Blanche duBois.), #6=Mrs. Roosevelt.

Somewhere in my brain I think I knew these once upon a time, but am not sure of the answers now--#2 = Jeremy David (good old 10th grade English); #4=Copper

That leaves #5=the only one I know is Walmart; #7 = I have No Clue; #8 = I don't do astrology
#9 =I don't remember, but it seems logical that it would be someone without a motive, like Maggie or the dog.

How'd I do?

Mom

9/12/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home