the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Monday, September 03, 2007

laying low

Not much to report on my end... I got home after a whirlwind weekend and have pretty much kept quiet since then. Work has been fascinating for everyone else that isn't me. We met our new CEO last week, who seems energized and open to ideas. The other local location has gone through some major staffing changes -- I dodged a bullet when I didn't transfer. I've thought about requesting the transfer now but I like where I am, too. Still weighing the pros and cons there.

I should be getting a decent insurance check soon from the robbery. Not sure what I'll do with it. Buy a new bike? Maybe, but I've gotten by fairly well without one. Get an iPhone? Possibly, my T-mobile contract is up next month and I hate my phone. Get a digital piano? I don't really have any decent creative outlet right now, might be nice.

Ultimately, though, I'll probably sock it away for a while, waiting for the next medical/personal drama/opportunity that comes up.

Once my teeth are paid off, I'll be back in the world of the living, and many of these will be possibilities again even without an insurance check. Not until November, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home