the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

moving on

Despite having started antibiotics early on, my strep continues. I've had a searing headache all day and my throat is pretty sore. Only getting three hours of sleep last night was no help, I'm certain.

The auditions came and went -- it was really lovely to sit in a very well air conditioned Georgia Dome for the day -- but twelve hours later, when my moment finally arrived, I could barely hold my head up and had to pee like you wouldn't believe. So, the crux of it all... I screwed it up.

I'm glad I did it. I can at least say I did. On the flip side, it's really disappointing to have an opportunity and not be able to do your best. They move on to Charleston this weekend, then Miami and Philly next weekend... my brother suggested I follow them to try again. It's a nice idea but one that probably won't be able to come to fruition. Next year is my last year of eligibility and I doubt they'll come back to Atlanta, so I'll just write this one off.

So, what's next?

5 Comments:

Blogger Solitarius said...

Who knows? Maybe they will come back. If not, they are sure to come somewhere close by. If you don't follow them to Charleston, start saving a couple bucks each week until next year and buy a flight to where they are.
Practice each day and get to where you have a booming 8 octave range.

If this is something you want, go after it!

8/15/2007 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... or ask for it... what is the story on Charleston? Dates, registration, etc. ?

John

8/15/2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Well, Charleston's registration starts Thursday. Audition is on Saturday. Not gonna happen.

Miami is the 22nd, Philly is the 27th... slightly more do-able but still awfully short notice.

8/16/2007 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have friends in Atlanta... maybe it can be done.

John

8/16/2007 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean Miami... duh!

John

8/16/2007 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home