the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

medical update

Doctor's visit today -- I'm clear for full physical activity. I must say, working in a gym is probably the perfect place for me right now. I'm going to talk to the PT manager today about who would be the best trainer for rehabilitative work to build my strength back up.

The x-ray did reveal a chip in the one of the bones, which will take a long, long time to heal fully. Considering the extent and nature of the break, this was to be expected, and thanks to the metal plates I'm properly supported.

I'm due back in three months for another set of x-rays. Though there's nothing indicating it's happening, there's still a possibility my body will reject the metal plates and screws -- and if so, I'll require another set of surgeries to remove them. Until then, all is well with the arm. I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove of physical activity.

The staph has cleared up as well, it seems, though the spot is still occasionally itchy. I'll probably go in later this week to get it stitched up.

And so it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

Yay! Next time you'll actually be able to HELP with the hot tub cover!

7/24/2007 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home