the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

spoke too soon

So just as I'm primed and ready for my three day weekend, someone's grandma has to up and die. So much for that idea. I'm working Saturday (the least planned out day, anyway, so no big deal). This will parlay into a three or four day weekend sometime in July, though, and probably a roadtrip to FL if I can time it right.

I noticed a couple of days ago that my painkiller prescription was almost down to its last few pills. I have a refill left, but when I noticed it I figured it wouldn't be necessary, since I hadn't taken one in at least a week and a half if not more. Cut to today, where the after effects of my exercises have me swollen and in pain, necessitating a steady stream of pills today and a trip to the pharmacy tomorrow to get that refill after all. Damnit.

I'm still going to Six Flags tomorrow, right? That hasn't changed yet. I'm waiting for that 2am phone call, though. Fingers crossed it doesn't, I need a break.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

Sometimes people die at the most inconvenient times... But then it's something that most people have no control over. You still get a little break though, right? Still get to Six Flags, still get to have fun!

6/22/2007 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta do what you gotta do.
I hope you do make it down to the farm. Cecelia is going to spend a week with us sometime in July. I don't know which week yet, but it would be nice if you could overlap your visit with hers.
Mom

6/22/2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Solitarius said...

Physical Therapy, if done correctly, is going to leave you swollen AND in pain.

"pain is weakness leaving the body"
"pain is God's way of letting you know you're still alive"

My advise to you is to take the pills ONLY when you are getting ready for bed. You can shelter the arm while you're awake, and grit through the pain.

Painkillers are insidious. They can get ahold of you very quickly and are difficult to shake. Try replacing the narcotic with aspirin or an OTC painkiller like tylenol.

I took to wrapping my hand in pillows, secured with an ace bandage while I slept.

Get off the pills as soon as you can.

6/23/2007 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damned, inconsiderate Grammas...

John

6/23/2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Yo! I've given you a "Thinking Blogger" award on my blog - check it out!

6/24/2007 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More to the point, did you get the chance to go to Six Flags and experience "a theme park filled with homos?"

John

6/24/2007 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home