the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

not enough

You'd think recovering from a broken arm would be enough, but nnnnnooooooo...

I went to the dermatologist today to get a few more vicral stitches removed (they keep surfacing! I want to heal, damnit! I've already had this done once two weeks ago) and took the opportunity to ask about an ingrown hair that developed Wednesday, and by Thursday, had gotten very swollen and painful. She took not even a three second look at it and said "It's developed into an abscess, and you've got a staph infection. I'm surprised you're even walking."

A freakin' STAPH INFECTION?!

Walking was very tough, granted. It was hurting a lot. And despite my excellent hygiene, with my immune system working overtime to heal my arm, it's not such a bizarre thing that something else could move in and set up shop. What's more remarkable is that something else didn't move in once the respiratory infection was knocked out and that I've stayed relatively well for as long as I have.

It's not severe. I'm on another round of antibiotics for it. Meanwhile, she cut out the abscess and stitched me up, and in a couple of days I won't even remember it was there at all.

--

In other news, my raise kicked in with this paycheck. What a difference! To celebrate, Mo and I went and bought paint -- he did the kitchen last week. Dining room this weekend, and my room...whenever I have strength enough to move my bed. The bed lies in a nook with big sunny windows on two walls, so I chose a deep hunter green to take advantage of the natural light without overpowering a morning sleep in. The rest of the room will be the same color as the kitchen -- a nice light blue with the charming name of 'Grandma's Sweater."

Benjamin Moore needs to lay off the pot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would have preferred "Bluebell Fields?". Or "Cindy Lou's G-String?" Gotta call it something!

dad

6/03/2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Actually, that's a very evocative name. Mom called and was telling me you had paint called "Grandma's Sweater" and I immediately guessed that it was a light blue. Perhaps it's an age thing - Grandma = light blue. Like if you called it "Mr. Rogers' Sweater" you'd immediatly think of red. With a zipper.

Sorry to hear about the staph infection. You are NOT having a great health year, are you? Hope you're all better soon.

6/03/2007 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home