the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

its funny because its true

I've recently regained a huge love for the comics page after discovering Josh Fruhlinger's Comics Curmudgeon. Heart of the City has a very relevant storyline right now.



I love it. Two days of painkiller jokes. "SPONGEBOB!" in the 4th strip is hilarious to me -- watching Spongebob was, at times, the only way I kept my sanity in the hospital. The third strip reminds me of everyone else I know -- "Dang, its too bad that story's not more interesting."

2 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

SPONGEBOB helped you KEEP your sanity???? He helps me lose mine on a regular basis.

Hmmm... dislocated kneecap. I wonder. I KenPo'd with it tonight and so far so good. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

5/15/2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger JR said...

I think it had something to do with the ability to be able to recognize abject silliness for exactly what it was, which made me feel like I still had my wits about me. I never thought it was the evening news, and somehow I took comfort in that fact.

5/16/2007 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home