the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

effective monday...

...I will *officially* be the assistant general manager at my job. It's an open secret, everyone already knows, and I've been doing the job already... but it is made official on Monday. A substantial pay raise is also in the works. The timing could NOT be more perfect. With all the dental bills and such I'm paying for over the next few months, it won't feel like I've gotten a raise, but I'll at least be able to sustain.

My arm has been hurting a lot since I got the staples out, and now I'm having a lot of pain in my thumb and wrist joints that wasn't there before. I'm certain that's because my bandages have been a lot looser so they're having to support themselves more than before. Still, I haven't laid off the new pain killers yet because it's terribly uncomfortable without them. Two to three more months of being a one-armed wonder. Hoping for at least a short vacation in June, but we'll have to see how I'm feeling.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay-
Utterly thrilled for you! No one deserves it more... you have done all the right things for this to come to you, and it is proof positive that there is justice in the world!

I am speaaking of the promotion and raise, of course... not the arm pain... :D

John

5/04/2007 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the lemonade was as cooling and as tasty as you hoped. What a lovely long talk..hope I didn't bore you too much.

dad

5/05/2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger Sayre said...

That vacation in June - it wouldn't be to Florida, would it?

5/08/2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Pop, the strawberry lemonade was terrific!

Sayre, I'd been planning a jaunt to Chicago and NYC in June before all this happened. I hadn't purchased any tickets yet but wheels were in motion to take a week off and bounce around. That's much less an option now with medical bills and no sick days left. Still, if I can wrangle a few days off around a weekend and find another cheap flight, nothing's impossible. As for Florida, I'm hoping to make a weekend jaunt very soon. Watch this space. Or answer your phone, either.

5/09/2007 1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and how can u resist NYC @ TONY time!!!!!!
Congrads on the "secret".............I hope u mend well and fast! Do what the Dr says!!!

5/10/2007 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home