the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Friday, April 06, 2007

third time's a charm

So I wrote a post yesterday, hopped in the shower and kept on thinking about things I wanted to include, re-write, and change. So, I finished the shower, logged back on, took down the entry and promised a re-write. But then I had to go to work, and as it turns out I've forgotten most of what I'd wanted to change.

It's surreal to have your mother prodding you for an updated blog. For all the years I've spent chronicling my thoughts on the web, by and large, my family has never really been in the audience. I can't say there's a specific reasoning why that's been the case. It seems like, with this incarnation, my family is my *only* audience (with a few random others sprinkled in -- hi TeKay!).

What's even weirder is that I am, by nature, an intensely private and independent person. For all the exposition and meanderings of a web-journal (I hate the word blog), it barely scratches the surface. If I were to die early (not in the plans) I'd have to say my funeral reception would be a fascinating affair, as people from various eras of my life piece together the parts of the jigsaw they have. I've gotten in trouble in the past for putting too much out there; for a great long while I said nothing at all.

--

Work has been alternately frustrating and fantastic. Every time I start to feel like things are going in the right direction the corporate office makes some bonehead move and we're back at square one. There's so much potential, though, and occasionally I get a glimmer of hope that they're beginning to see that.

--

Holiday weekend begins today -- it sneaked up on me this year. I may or may not have to work Sunday morning, I'm not sure yet. We may have a guest popping in from Augusta tonight, so that'll be fun. Otherwise, it's laundry and sleeping in on the agenda.

--

Next season's Broadway tours have been announced for the Fox -- its a fair to middling season, but some decent stuff coming too. Jennifer Holliday will be in Dreamgirls in July -- there's nothing like watching a 45 year old woman re-creating her most famous role 20 years later. This will be, by turns, amazing and horrible. The Wedding Singer comes in October, my friend Alex is in callbacks for Sammy. The Drowsy Chaperone makes an appearance in January (which I've missed on my last three trips to NY), Avenue Q (seen it four times!) shows up in March. The season wraps up with Sweeney Todd in May.

My friend Jason is currently on a tour of Jesus Christ Superstar which I saw in Macon in November. It comes back through Columbus in May and then in early 2008 roosts in Atlanta for a few days. Jason will probably leave the tour before then, which is sad -- it's not a good show, but having him in town would make me very happy indeed.

--

I am now down 10 pounds, after biking a total 102 miles last week. That feels good. My hair has grown out quite a bit and that thin patch at the top is barely noticeable now. It won't be long before I'm devastatingly handsome once again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

Mom prods because for some of us, it's the only way we manage to keep track of you. When you were in NYC and not blogging, sometimes a YEAR would go by without a word. So now we're greedy for words. Indulge us once a week or so. ;)

4/06/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger TeKay said...

Hey babe! w00, love getting shout-outs.

JCS=Jason Cook (mark's old?)
TWS=Alex Pearlman? w00 for him.

My friend keven is in Molly Ringwald's Sweet Charity (though leaving in a week or so...to do......
GREASE.)

Yes, he's in THAT cast.

4/08/2007 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

11/11/2008 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home