the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

taxing

My taxes are always a fairly easy affair. I don't have major investments or any massive deductions, so it's mostly a enter-the-W2-and-go kinda thing. Last year was the only exception, where due to my move to GA and an error by one of my temp companies in processing my W4 (they took out toooo much), I was entitled to a nearly $1000 refund. That money went directly to moving to my new apartment, where I live now, and what was left funded a lovely July vacation.

This year, its back to the regular routine. Filed last night, took about 20 minutes -- I'm getting back about $200. Nothing truly amazing can be done with that, but the good news is I'm not really lacking for anything right now. Instead, I'm snagging a few things that have gone neglected for a while -- I bought some new shoes yesterday. Taking the kitty to the vet this week. Fixing my bike seat. Getting my hair trimmed. Having my leather jacket mended. And my roommate's half-birthday gift -- tickets to see Molly Ringwald in Sweet Charity. It's going to be terrible; I'm going to love it.

In the meantime, though, it's brisk and sunny outside. I'm going to go walk in the park.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

congratulations on getting your taxes finished! I'm taking my stuff to the tax guy this weekend. We're a bit more complicated, what with houses and kid and such, but our tax man is great and we usually get something back. This year it'll help pay for new windows (if there IS anything!).

3/10/2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home