the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

awake

I slept in very late yesterday -- not sure why, maybe I needed to catch up. In doing so, though, its messed with my body clock. It resulted in staying awake all night -- just didn't get tired, and now it's 8 am and I'm still going strong. I forgot how nice mornings can be. Working the night shift generally puts me squarely asleep until 10 or 11. It makes me wish for a more human schedule.

I'm not worried about the implications of pulling an all nighter -- I'm off today and don't have any necessity of productivity. I'll probably conk out for a nap in a few hours and then go to bed early tonight. Meanwhile, I'll do some laundry and straighten up my room a bit. I've been in this apartment for almost a year now, perhaps I should unpack those last few boxes.

The CEO of my company sent out a mass email asking people about their fitness pursuits and how the company can become involved in order to expand our brand recognition -- i.e. sponsoring employees involved in competitive sports, fitness modeling, extreme sports and the like. I responded saying I didn't really have any professional aspirations for competitive sports, but that I've always wanted to take part in one of those multi-day benefit bike tours. The AIDS Life Cycle is in June, running from San Francisco to Los Angeles, and while training myself up to do a 7-day 545 mile tour and raising the $2,500 minimum pledges in little more than three months is more than a little daunting, a corporate sponsorship would certainly kick me square in the butt to do it. LA and SF are two of our major markets, too, so the exposure would certainly be beneficial -- and there are few causes more worthy than AIDS research. I don't do my fair share of charitable acts; this is probably a great place to start. I can only hope the bossman agrees.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! You can count on us for a $100 pledge. Good luck!
Love, Mom

3/03/2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

I'll pledge too! Great cause, great idea! I shall pass the word wherever I can. And no more biscuits for you!

3/03/2007 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home