the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

something to think about

No real updates, but here are two links to get you thinking:

We live in the land of biblical idiots

An intelligent op-ed piece from the LA Times concerning teaching the Bible in schools, and the first time I've reconsidered my stance. I might support the idea if I didn't believe that some teachers would turn it into a revival to spout condemnations of homos, Muslims, abortionists, and anyone else who dares disagree with them.

Diabetics cured by stem-cell treatment

My mother was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I'm all for stem-cell research -- to me, using stem-cells to find cures for diseases is no more playing God than intravenous fertilization. This news comes out of the UK, and it is exciting to think of the possibilities. Cures for AIDS, cancer, heck, even the common cold -- and it is mind-boggling that the US has placed restrictions on furthering research.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm forwarding you two things on this same subject. One is an article that appeared recently in Time Magazine, and the other is Jeansue's response when I forwarded it to her. Jeannie is a reasoned thinker. I think you will enjoy her "take" on the subject.
Love, Mom

4/12/2007 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home