the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

convalescence continues

Went for my surgeon followup today, and also got to take a peek at my x-rays. 2 fractures, one on each bone. You can also see where the bone punctured the skin, which will leave a lovely scar.

The good news is that everything is in alignment -- provided that stays in place, I should make a full recovery without massive limitations on my range of motion (though it will never be back to where it once was, natch). I have about three months of convalescence left, which means I can't use my left arm for anything beyond typing or holding anything that would weigh more than a coffee cup. The doctor also strongly warned me against getting back on the bike any time soon -- any weight on the arm can cause it to fracture again and possibly break the plates as well.

I got a new prescription for pain killers, so I should be doing much better this time next week. I think I finally shook the upper respiratory infection, too.

Its not over, but the deepest part of the woods seems to be behind me now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home