the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Friday, April 27, 2007

progress

Some progress to report: doing my exercises today I was able to actually make a fist -- not a tight one, but a fist nonetheless! I've regained much of the motion of my fingers -- in fact, I'm typing with two hands right now! I still can't pick things up or rotate my arm, but slowly things are coming back.

I've been sick as a dog -- that persistent cough finally parlayed itself into an upper respiratory infection. I went to the doctor yesterday who gave me some antibiotics and cough meds, but balked at changing my pain medication. He said he prefers pain meds to be handled by one doc only, so I'll talk to my surgeon on Tuesday at my follow-up -- that Percocet really tears me up. I'm now down 15 pounds, and while I did want to lose weight, this probably wasn't the best way to do it.

I finished my course of anti-inflammatory today, finally -- one less pill to keep up with. I'm trying to limit the Percocet as much as possible, but yesterday was a hard day and I'm paying for it now. In good news, I haven't had to take any at all today!

Meanwhile, I'm spending today and tomorrow mostly in bed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are improving. You have survived yet another ordeal. Take care of yourself, and keep up with your physical therapy. Did Moe ever get the check I sent?
Let me know.
Love, Mom

4/29/2007 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, I'm thinking of you - hope you're knitting up quickly...

Love, Beth

4/30/2007 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job watching the Percoset intake. I hate painkillers - they make me feel creepy. So while I do get them after surgery or something, I get off them as quickly as possible.

I'm glad you're healing up! Just keep on going!

5/01/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home