the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

tiny victories

I got my new teeth!

I went to the dentist's office, about ready to rip out my plastic temporaries myself. They were just slightly crooked and felt terribly unnatural in my mouth. And the dental assist tried to yank 'em too, but the cement proved to bonding to wiggle them out without excruciating pain, so she called Dr. Wingfield in to assist and to numb me up.

Dr. Wingfield is my fabulous gay dentist. He's a talented dentist, and just a bit effeminate. Not over the top, although his first comment when he walked in the room, fists full of novacaine needles, was:

"Oh, my god! I love your shoes!"

Anyway, four painful injections of numbing agents later, he took some blunt object and tapped out my teeth. He checked the coloring of the new teeth against the naturals, which he'd special ordered a shade lighter than mine. His gaydar was as good as mine, he knew that somewhere down the road I would take the step of a bleaching process, and wanted everything to match.

Only a scant 38 minutes later, I left the building with my new teeth glued to my head. They feel natural and look great, except where they had to push the gums back. I've got a few months of healing on these -- basically, by the time I've paid for them, I'll be all healed up.

I promptly went out for a burrito to celebrate regaining the ability to bite and chew... FGD said solid foods were a-okay. Alas, I was still a little swollen, and it hurt. But it still tasted so, so, so good...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You MUST write more--My GOD, you are funny. Dad & I were reading your post on our separate computers, and both burst out laughing at the same time, followed by "Are you reading BJ's post?" almost in unison.
Send a photo of your new choppers.
Love, Mom

5/11/2007 7:39 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Wow - now TWO of my brothers have new teeth! Unless I get in some kind of accident, I think I'll have mine forever. Not so bad, actually - just gotta keep those two sideways ones from poking through my upper lip...

Congratulations on the teeth!!!

5/11/2007 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home