the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

defensive

Don't worry, I'm not quitting my job yet. My major concern was that my higher-ups weren't going to take appropriate action -- I've seen it happen before on lesser problems. But, I've been taking statements from witnesses to get our attacker removed permanently, and though it isn't official yet, he's been told by the company vice president to stay away. So far, he has.

He's a long time member who's actually been pretty nice, though you could always tell when he'd fallen off the wagon. His eyes would change, his normally carefree attitude dissipated. I don't know him well enough but I've been told it's coke and heroin. Chances are he probably doesn't even remember why he's being kicked out.

This whole experience (and the testimonials from family) has made me think its time to get back into some self defense / martial arts courses. Had I not been injured I would have been able to diffuse a physical situation effectively, but a brush up is not a bad idea. Finding one that will mesh into my schedule might be difficult though.

--

And in completely unrelated un-news... I have always been a complete klutz. Whether it's crashing my bike or falling over for no apparent reason or tripping over the perfectly smooth floor... almost daily there's some event that reinforces the notion that I have little to no control over my extremities. My equilibrium is always just a little bit off.

Yesterday, talking to a co-worker, a possible reason dawned on me -- see, for the first three years of my life I was deaf. I had fluid in my ears that blocked the passage of sound. The fluid was drained and I hear fine, but the next 12 years or so were a parade of constant ear infections.

So, MAYBE I'm not just uncoordinated. Maybe there's actually a feasible scientific explanation. And it only took me 25 years to figure that out.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeKay said...

can i get a what-what. duh.

yes, the fluid can cause problems (i probably suffer from some of the same maladies as I had arthritis in my ears as a child).

didn't know you were deaf. or had been. aw.

5/16/2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home