the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

passed

When Joan Crawford died, Bette Davis basically treated it as an event worthy of celebration. One of her friends stopped her and said "You know, when someone dies, you're only supposed to speak good of them."

Bette's inimitable response: "Joan Crawford is dead. Good."

Now, I'm generally a respectful person, but today's news of Jerry Falwell's death is tempting my inner Bette Davis to come out. He was a vile, hateful man in life and deserves to be remembered as such.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I imagine the Almighty saying, " Jerry, we need to talk." It is fearful the crap done in the name of that good Jewish carpenter. dad

5/15/2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger Mike B. said...

Metafilter isn't even pretending to be respectful. Everyone hated that piece of shit.

5/15/2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Sayre said...

My chief engineer came in and asked if I'd heard.

Heard what? I asked.

Jerry Falwell's dead! he said.

Oh, thank God!

5/15/2007 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home