the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

COMMON USES: This medicine is a rifamycin antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis, as well as treat those who have been exposed to meningitis-causing bacteria before they become sick.


--


Serious stuff. This is one of three prescriptions given to me by my doctor this afternoon. We also did a culture to determine exactly what's going on. The hope is it's just a drug-resistant staph, because the treatment I've just started will knock it out.

If not?

Well, we're not asking that question yet. My timing remains impeccable, though. If I'd waited another day it's very likely I'd have ended up in the hospital instead of a dermatologist's office. My right thigh has swollen up like a balloon, and it feels like it's spread to my knee.

And of course, I had to be responsible last weekend and pay off all my bills and my rent. Never occured to me that I'd have to shell out for copays and prescriptions out the nose again. My parents saved the day again. They're amazing people. I really hope I get to go down to FL next weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

Parents are the best, aren't they? They've saved my bacon a time or two...

I hope these new drugs knock this thing out. That sounds awful!

7/05/2007 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home