the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

WANT THAT!!!!!!!!

One of my co-workers got the iPhone.

I generally resist the faddish crazes but after seeing it with my own eyes, I can now comfortably say, for the first time since I was 13:

I WANT THaAAAAAAT!

I'm not rushing out to buy it now, but I'll consider it when they come out with the 30gig version so I can simply replace my iPod (which has seen some better days). I'm still under contract with T-Mobile, too, so I've got a while to wait and save up -- and let cooler minds decide.

--

In other news, I'm soo over work right now. Anyone who knows me well enough knows I go through periods of disillusionment with work no matter what I'm doing, so this too shall pass. Ultimately, I just need a decent vacation. I've been working way too much and need a break. Oh, and to fire some people who are totally useless. My hands are tied by paperwork, though, which is frustrating.

The vacation is not in the card until at least October or November, though. With my dental payments and rent and whatever else, the raise I got is actually accounting for *less* money in pocket than before.

Sigh.

Life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great philosopher George Reynolds, Sr. Dad of our Chief Circuit Judge once told me, " Jan, you never get rich, you merely are broke in higher style."

Dad

7/02/2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Amen. Sometimes sacrificing what you want now for something you want later is the only way to do it. We spent plenty of time doing without. It's one of those things that grownups learn how to do.

7/02/2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home