the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

get this party started...

I've been so tired this week. I don't know why. Just a quickie today, I have to go to a meeting at work soon...

Thing making me deliriously happy for no apparent reason:

Dame Shirley Bassey's new album. Check out this video on YouTube of her cover of "Get The Party Started" by Pink.

Thing making me sad:

Rose's Turn is closing. I was more regularly found at the Duplex and Marie's Crisis, but I've stopped by Rose's on many occasions and knew several people who work there. Always a good time. The New York I knew and loved is dying off, slowly -- Helen's has also closed up shop, I worked there for about six months.

--

American Idol auditions are coming through Atlanta next month. I've never done it before, I think it might be kind of fun. I'm thinking of Country Road, by James Taylor -- keyed up two steps.


This weekend -- Hairspray at the movies, Dreamgirls at the Fox...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sayre said...

GO FOR IT!!!! You never know...

Hey, I was watching Tv while cooking today and "Biggest Loser" was on. It was the finale program where they wrap it all up and this was the one with a representative from each state. The New York one was Poppi - wasn't that your friend???? Anyway, she WON $50,000 in the stay at home and do it category. Amazing. And I'm jumping up and down going "Yay, Prime's Friend!" This was, of course, a rerun, so it's old news to you.

7/19/2007 10:55 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Yep, Poppi's my buddy! Technically, though, she was the entrant from New Jersey...

7/20/2007 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home