the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

sabotage

I'm really beginning to get to the point that I don't want to be at this job anymore. Everytime I re-engage they do something else really really stupid, throw us under the bus, and then back down after months of arguing. There's so much potential that continually gets chipped away, but rather than speak to the people who have to actually deal with their decisions, they maintain a near-perfect ignorance of what we're doing, who we're dealing with, and general market knowledge.

Time to plan the exit strategy. I've been through this too many times already.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it sounds as if they are laying the groundwork for you to have one hell of alot of fun if you do it right.

You are smarter than that. Since when have you just sat there and let foolishness dictate your decisions? Besides your own foolishness, I mean... :D

John

7/25/2007 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and how did you avoid adding whiplash to your growing list of ailments when writing that last post?

John

7/25/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Ha! That whiplash comment was exactly what I was thinking.

If you decide you really don't want to be there anymore, don't just quit. Do what you said - plan the exit strategy. Having something else already lined up and ready to step into makes a huge difference.

7/25/2007 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or as the ol' boy said, " I had a job when I got here and I'll have one when I leave!"

dad

7/30/2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home