the prime of life

Living your dream sometimes means having to wake up.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

headaches...

Well, I spoke too soon on the post-Thanksgiving illness, though thankfully it isn't strep. It's just one of those colds that's sticking around, so lots of pressure headaches, scratchy throats, body aches, and general fatigue. I've been basically sleeping as much as possible, and then going to work... coming home and going right back to bed. I still feel pretty lousy, but I think I'm getting better. The cough has subsided, at least.

I'm really frustrated at work right now. I have some very serious misgivings about our sales manager, who should have been fired six months ago... but none of my higher-ups really want to do anything about it. That kind of complacency is poisonous, and I've seen how quickly it can make everything else go sour. I want the club to avoid going down that road again but I don't know how to do it without making other people look bad, who don't necessarily deserve it.

The Broadway Strike is over, just in time for my vacation! I'll be staying with my friend Alex. I guess I should start making my list of things to do and shows to see. Opening night of the revival of The Homecoming is on December 9, and I'm tempted to manipulate my way into an invitation. I won't, but I'm tempted. Though I hear it's kind of terrible, I wouldn't mind seeing Young Frankenstein. The Drowsy Chaperone is touring through ATL in the spring, so its not at the top of my priority list. I don't know, the Broadway stuff isn't as thrilling to me this time around. A lot of intriguing stuff off-B'way, though, and a few friends have projects I've been invited to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home